CGS-Dhaka: Coronavirus Awareness
Date: Mar 12, 2020
Chittagong Grammar School- Dhaka
This note is being sent to you at the onset of the official news of the first cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Bangladesh being released. This is to assure you that the Chittagong Grammar School Management has been and continue to closely monitor the emerging coronavirus situation in Bangladesh and worldwide. We will abide by any guideline and directives of the Bangladesh Government as they endeavor to restrict the spread of the virus.
Additionally, we are taking some advance preventive precautions to minimize exposure to all viruses and germs, as the wellbeing of the students is our top priority. These measures are as listed below.
- CGSD has temporarily suspended classes of CGS Community School, effective as of 11th March 2020.
- CGSD Primary (Classes PG-6) and Secondary (Classes 6 – 7) will remain closed effective 15.03.2020 until the 19.03.2020. Homework pack for the days shut will be uploaded on the web and a bulk-sms will be circulated to parents on the day of the Winter Term PTM. All resources related to the homework pack has been given today, 12 Mach 2020.
- CGSD Secondary Classes 8-10 teachers shall be available in school premises from 10am-1pm for students who wish to report to school to seek any help for Checkpoint exams or the upcoming O' Level exams.
- Basing on the ongoing situation and requirements, CGSD shall continue to communicate with parents about further steps being taken, if any.
- All international travel to conferences and exchange programs have been suspended until further notice.
- All classrooms are emphasizing on hand-washing and proper covering of mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- All support staff have been asked to increase the frequency of sanitizing surfaces, door knobs/handles, railings, switch boards and other daily objects that are touched often throughout the day. They have also been instructed to increase the frequency of washing their hands.
- Students showing symptoms at school have been and will be sent home. Same applies for all staff members.
If your child exhibits symptoms such as fever, coughing, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, we encourage you to please seek medical help as early detection and treatment promotes a better chance at recovery and returning back to school.
Below is information from The World Health Organization and the Center for Disease Control on how to reduce risk of contracting coronavirus.
- Avoid close contact with people who are found to have symptoms of coronavirus.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Recommendations for using a facemask:
- It is not recommended that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of the virus to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Chittagong Grammar School will keep you updated on any relevant developments and appreciate your support during this time.